Lifehack.org is a cornucopia of resources for your business, leadership role and personal effectiveness - I am amazed and gratified by how Australian entrepreneur Leon Ho manages to scour the internet and turn up the gems he posts daily.
In his post today, Leon highlights the 14 most overlooked tax deductions, from H and R Block, that I thought might be a helpful reminder as that April 15th deadline sneaks up on us.
These tax tips include:
- Hybrid cars can help you save in taxes.
- Student Loan Interest Deduction
- Donate Your Car to Charity
- Claiming a Loss from a Natural Disaster
- Deducting Work Uniform Expenses
- Reduce Your Taxes with Home Ownership
- Tax Breaks for Higher Education
- Bunching Charitable Deductions
- Itemizing for Non-homeowners
- Less Obvious Donations Add Up
- Stock or Mutual Fund Donations
- Keep Track of Holiday Donations
- Paying More for Charitable Items Counts
- Home Office Expenses