The November 2006 issue of The Entrepreneurial MD Newsletter is now available!
The most common lament I hear from my clients is "how can I be sure this...or that.... will work?" Well, as most good doctors know, there are no perfect solutions or panaceas - there is just the commitment of the person to making an effort, and following some suggested guidelines based on sound principles!
This month, I have chosen to focus on ten "laws" that, if respected and enacted, will contribute significantly to your success in business or practice.
Here are the Ten Laws (does this sound rather biblical?) from the article. Unlike the law of gravity which works ALL the time, these laws have been tested in many different situations and work most of the time. I offer them in the spirit of "here's what works for most successful people - why don't you give them a whirl as well?"
Read the details by clicking on this article link:
1. The Law of Clarity - be clear about who you are, what you want to accomplish and where you are heading.
2. The Law of Small Successes - break gargantuan goals into teeny tasks and take pride in crossing each small task off the list3. The Law of Momentum - once you get started down the path, your small efforts snowball and the snowball rolls with increasing ease and speed
4. The Law of Hunger - acknowledge and indulge your passions or abiding interests - they will sustain you when the going gets tough. Really want it!!5. The Law of Habit - practice and preparation make perfection unnecessary6. The Law of Focus - what you put your attention and focus on happens
7. The Law of Experience - You CAN learn from your "oopses" and failures. Just rename them "experience"!8. The Law of the Trail - the success of others leaves a trail for you to follow, so follow it!
9. The Law of Modeling - find someone who is doing, or has done, what you want to do, find out how they did it, and model you activities on theirs. Most people love to share their knowledge and acquired insights!
10. The Law of Enjoyment - chuckle, smile, giggle, laugh, soften, ease up while you do it. Otherwise it isn't worth it!
For the curious, the calligraphy image I selected today is a Chinese symbol for "learning".
May you learn well and share your learnings here with your colleagues!