A must-read for all business owners
Finally, have the clarity, tools and a step-by-step blueprint for embarking on the career change you’ve been thinking about for some time.
Dear Physician in Transition,
You’ve accomplished so much already – you’ve made it through medical school and residency. You’ve even been in practice for some time. You know how to get things done. And you are good at it. You’ve proven to yourself and others you can succeed as a clinician.
But something no longer feels right about your doctoring career ... correct?
If that's true, it’s time to laser-focus your energy and momentum (did you attend the SEAK Non-Clinical Careers Conference? Wasn't that motivating??) and convert it into a real-life PLAN OF ACTION!!
I’ve done it quite a few times. I've also helped many physician clients accomplish it, and now I want to help you do it too.
But before I go any further, let me introduce you to someone whose talents I value greatly.
Dee Michaelis of HRG Solutions
has been on both sides of the table. As a Human Resources professional, she has helped organizations hire (and fire!) employees, and as a Career Transition expert, she has assisted clients who have wanted to embark on more satisfying career paths.
The Entrepreneurial MD and Dee Michaelis have combined forces to bring you the knowledge and expertise to help you transition successfully. With our collective years of experience, we understand the issues most professionals in transition have with time and timelines. We also recognize the particular challenges physicians face around scheduling, income, and figuring out how your very specific skills transfer to other careers -- even when you can't for the life of you see how.
You're on the verge of changing direction; maybe you're not sure how to proceed. Through this home-study program, Dee and I will show you how to smooth the path -- while staying sane AND productive.
What we’ve discovered through our own experiences and those coaching of many others to success is…
No matter how hard you try, it's natural to sink back into old thoughts and behaviors that keep you stuck in the same job. Despite your ideas, information and energy, it's hard to maintain your excitement and motivation. And to avoid feeling daunted and overwhelmed.
And yet Dee and I both know that, if you follow the steps we have identified that are needed for a successful career transition, you will get there ... no matter what speed you choose to move at!
We have worked together in this program as "career-creators", focused on giving you the insights AND tools that make it possible to move from stuck and even unhappy clinician to non-clinical physician, in the new career that best matches your passions and needs.
By doing the work, you will discover how to leverage your passions and skills to uncover your unique way of serving the world.
1. You will identify the path that is a great fit for your passions
2. You will have a clear understanding of your transferable skills and how to articulate them persuasively
3. You will create and master the tools you need in order to secure an income in your new career.
Because I’ve been there several times in my own professional journey, I know what the next steps are and will guide you to take them.
By the end of this home-study program, you will have the tools and step-by-step blueprint for undertaking the journey to a new career -- no matter when you choose to use them!
So, here's what the six-week "Physician Odyssey Program" offers.
- Understand the job search process
- Manage the steps of career transition
- Develop a strategic job search plan.
- Create resumes and cover letters that focus on your professional objective.
- Understand the hiring process.
- Know how to navigate the job boards and tap into the "unadvertised" job market.
- Develop the essential interviewing techniques and skills that lead to job offers.
- Learn how to cultivate job offers and negotiate competitive salaries
And you will:
- Be stepping into the next level of your professional life, not based on some default of what you think that should look like, but with a clear and certain knowing of exactly what is right for you. (It’s way too easy to get trapped into "shoulds" and "have-to's" that take us far, far away from what we really want in life)
- Have developed powerful networking and interviewing skills that you can always rely upon to help you make the career moves and feel good about how you are showing up in your job search.
- Remember what you want from your life and why you went into medicine. You'll have the tools to hold onto that vision and stay out of the depression, confusion, analysis paralysis and procrastination that we are so susceptible to as we experience change.
The Physician’s Odyssey Program (Home Study Course) - A Blue Print for Your Successful Career Transition is a one-of-a-kind opportunity.
An opportunity to not only find your next work, but do so in a way that equips you for any job search in the future.
If this message speaks to you, then we encourage you to read the program details below. Your next career awaits :-)
With warmest wishes,
Philippa Kennealy MD MPH CPCC PCC, The Entrepreneurial MD
PS: if you're seriously considering exploring what's involved in making a career transition, this is your unique chance. There is no other program like this at present. It's not every day that a physician who has undergone her own career transition and helped many other physicians do the same, teams up with a career transition expert.
Rather than just go on and on with one of those endless sale pages full of yellow highlights and red underlines, let me just cut to the chase and give you the details. I've also tried to answer any questions you might have.
You will receive Physicians Odyssey 6 Week Home Study Course via a weekly release of each class to your inbox. Every 7 days you will receive that week's class material for you to implement. The first class will be released immediately upon purchase. Enjoy!
PHYSICIAN'S ODYSSEY PROGRAM OUTLINE (by class):
- personal drivers (What motivates you?) – identify passions, interests, skills, values.
- Maclellan Process – achievement, power, affiliation
- professional objective
You'll walk away from your class 1 assignment with –
1) A Career vision
2) A Professional Objective
- gathering marketplace information
- tools, resources, opportunities
- informal, informational meetings with hiring managers
You'll walk away from your class 2 assignment with –
1) A Marketplace Map
- develop your communication strategy
- translator doctoring skills into the language of business
- active verbs list
- elaborate on your SOARs
You'll walk away from your class 3 assignment with –
1) A Declaration of Intent
2) A resume (draft version)
Classes 4 and 5:
- feedback on resumes
- getting the word out
- networking strategy and tools
- cover letters
You'll walk away from your classes 4 and 5 assignments with –
1) An Elevator Speech
2) A resume (final version)
3) A cover letter(s)
- successful interview strategies
- understand different interviewing styles
- take control of the interview
- cultivate an offer
- discover what can be negotiated – negotiation strategies
You'll walk away from your class 6 assignment with –
1) An Interview Preparation Checklist
2) negotiation strategies and tools
How much: $247 for the 6 Week Home Study Course
Or you will be given an option of 3 payments as follows: $100 upon registration, and then $87 each, paid on the 30th and 60th days after your first payment.
Questions you may have about the program:
What if I'm not quite ready to make the transition now?
Since this is a home study program, you will always have the tools and materials to use at any time.
The better your education is early on, the more well equipped and prepared you will be when the time is right for you.
What if I have more questions and don't feel like this page has given me enough information?
You are always welcome to contact me, Philippa Kennealy, and we can set up a time to talk by phone. I want you to be sure that this is a good investment.
What if I discover the program is not for me?
I am prepared to stand behind my promise of delivering the best program to you. If you inform me by e-mail (email@example.com) after receiving the first module AND before the end of your first week that you don't think this program is going to work for you, I will refund every penny of your money! No questions are asked. This gives you a RISK-FREE OPPORTUNITY to try it out.
I've never done a home study course like this before. How does it work?
This home study course is based on a group program that Dee Michaelis and I presented. It contains the audio recordings of the teleclasses that we presented together, along with all the workbooks and reference materials. So as not to overwhelm you with all the material at once, I have elected to deliver this to you weekly in a user-friendly format, thereby allowing you to pace yourself.
What if I am in a rush and want to complete the program in less than 6 weeks?
If this is your preference, please feel free to contact me, Philippa Kennealy, and I will make arrangements for you to receive the full program at once, for the one-time price.
What if I want additional one-on-one coaching time to review and refine my tools and/or my job-searching process?
I welcome the opportunity to assist you personally in your career transition! Please contact me, Philippa Kennealy, to explore adding on as many 60-minute phone coaching sessions as you feel necessary to help you achieve your goals (this can be as little as one hour!). Together, we can work on helping you accomplish your desired transition.