A must-read for all business owners
The Entrepreneurial MD One Page Business PlanTM Program
Find out how to sit down and actually WRITE a Business Plan, that fits on one page and that will lay out your "next steps" for the upcoming year.....
Plus, get clear about your business model - how the money is going to come into and flow out of your business or practice during the start-up and the operations, so that you can plan it right!
When physicians have gotten clear as to which idea they want to pursue, the next question is usually "How do I accomplish this?"
Well, what's next is that it's time to get to work, and come up with the business model and plan that will be the "infrastructure" or blueprint of your business. These tools will help you:
Decide if you have a viable business
Communicate your business idea both concisely and effortlessly to others
Acquire the disciplined thinking and prioritization that running a business or practice demands
Plan the action steps for next 12 - 24 months of your new business or your upgraded practice
There are three main challenges to writing a Business Plan:
1. It feels like an overwhelming onerous task
2. You don't know what actually needs to go into a Business Plan
3. You haven't figured out the business model for which you are going to write the plan!
If these are not your challenges, then you're on your way to starting a business and you don’t need any help with your planning process.
However, if you have little or no idea how to proceed, you might benefit from some coaching.
What do you need for a solid Business Plan?
Based on my own experience and that of many other entrepreneurs, I believe that you need three things to write a good business plan.
The first thing people need is clarity. Even though you now have ideas for your business or practice that are appealing and fit your desired lifestyle, my bet is that the ideas still feel hazy to you. Going through the discipline of actually deciding on your business model and writing a business plan will force you to be very clear!
The second is the ability to be concise. You will have many opportunities to speak about your business and what you plan to accomplish through it, and you will need to be concise if you want to capture and hold people's attention. Want outside investors? They'll need to know in vivid and easy terms just what you are planning to do with their money. Need a bank loan? Ditto for your bank manager.
And the third is guidance through a reliable process provided by an experienced consultant, mentor or coach. What this does is speed up the time to getting a result – your clarified business model and plan. No more procrastination and wishful thinking, no more months slipping by.
How would you know if this program is right for you?
You’re a good candidate for The Entrepreneurial MD One Page Business Plan™ Program if:
1. You’re interested in starting a business or upgrading your clinical practice
2. You have an idea for your business, even if it is vague and fuzzy!
3. You’re committed to the adventure sufficiently to devote time to finding answers to your challenges.
4. You’re willing to try things outside your current comfort zone.
5. You're patient, and yet willing to be decisive.
If this sounds like you, you'll get a whole lot out of the Program!
What you will accomplish in The Entrepreneurial MD One Page Business Plan™ Program:
1. How to describe your business model. You'll clarify what your sources of revenues and start-up and operating costs are, where your funding will come from and what your key success factors and main risks are.
2. How to write an inspiring, concise, actionable Business Plan on one page. There is an idea that a good business plan needs to be a tome of 30-40 pages. Not true! You will discover the skill of getting your best ideas onto one compelling page.
Because I am a trained and certified One Page Business PlanTM Consultant, I use one of the One Page Business Plan books as our guide in The Entrepreneurial MD BizPlanning™ Program (most typically it is "The One Page Business Plan for the Creative Entrepreneur" by Jim Horan).
Here's what a physician coaching client of mine recently wrote about the book in an email to me: "The One Page Business Plan was a great suggestion - it really did force me to focus and think things through. Frankly the book and program I was using previously were a bit too detailed and complicated." He completed his plan in less than two weeks.
The goal of this program is to have you determine your Business Model and complete a Business Plan.
There is no longer any need for you to feel overwhelmed by the thought of committing your business concept to paper (or computer!)
What happens in this program?
1. The program consists an initial two-hour meeting (or two one-hour meetings) that permit me to get to know you and your business better. Consider this to be the "H and P"!
And then we meet for one hour four more times over the next 4 to 6 weeks, to get you to the point that you have completed your first draft of the business plan. And if we need more time to get it right, then we arrange that!
2. When you sign up and we have an initial meeting date and time set up, I email you the documents and information to get started, including our agreement, AND I mail you a package with the copy of the One Page Business Plan book that we have chosen to use, along with a template in a binder.
3. By the end of the program, you will have a concise, actionable One Page Business Plan ... and the option to move ahead on your own, or continue coaching with a new agreement, if that is your preference.
If you are eager to learn more, or are interested and want to get started, please contact me here.